Have you been hurt at work?

If you have been hurt at work, not just “any lawyer” will do.

Specifically, you need an attorney whose practice is dedicated to helping people injured at work.

That’s why people turn to the workers’ compensation lawyer — Nicholas Callas — at the Law Office of Nicholas G. Callas.

Nicholas Callas has practiced law for more than 31 years and has helped more than one thousand (1,000) clients get the workers’ compensation they deserve.

He knows how to cut through the insurance company’s red tape, and he knows how to get the full benefits you deserve from workers’ compensation.

Your employer’s insurance company is not looking out for you – but your workers’ compensation lawyer is!

When you retain Nicholas Callas as your workers’ compensation lawyer you can expect aggressive representation.

Aggressive and assertive representation is required because insurance is a business, which means insurance companies are looking to pay out as little as possible.

Put another way, they are in the business of protecting their bottom line and maximizing their profits, at your expense.

Nicholas Callas knows the insurance industry, SC workers’ compensation law, and the tactics that insurance companies use to try and prevent you from getting the benefits that you are entitled to receive under South Carolina workers’ compensation law.

The Law Office of Nicholas G. Callas, P.A. has represented hundreds of people who have been hurt on the job and need help getting workers’ compensation.

How a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You.

After your on-the-job injury, contact the workers’ compensation lawyer at the Law Office of Nicholas G. Callas, P.A. as soon as possible. We will meet with you to find out what happened, answer your questions, and find out what you need, and we will aggressively pursue your workers’ compensation claim on your behalf.

Our worker’s compensation law firm’s extensive experience advocating on behalf of our clients before the Workers’ Compensation Commission and in South Carolina courts allows us to provide quality representation, and, more importantly, get the maximum temporary or permanent benefits that you are entitled to receive under the facts of your case and SC law.

We may be able to help you:

  • File your workers’ comp claim,
  • Negotiate with the insurance company,
  • Present your medical evidence to the workers’ compensation commission,
  • File any necessary appeals on your behalf,
  • Recover your medical expenses,
  • Recover compensation for lost wages caused by your injuries,
  • Recover a lump sum for permanent injuries, or
  • Get you approved for temporary total benefits, permanent disability income, or permanent lost wages when appropriate.

Workers’ compensation lawyer Nicholas Callas will do everything possible to get your temporary benefits approved quickly and to get you approved for the maximum compensation that you are entitled to receive.

In addition, Nicholas Callas will ensure that your claim is filed properly and your medical evidence is in order. We will then present your case to the insurance company and courts to show them why your employer is responsible for your injuries and why the amount of benefits you are requesting is justified.

+ 33 Years

Trusted Clients
+ 1,000
5 Star Reviews
+ 300

Types of Workers’
Compensation Cases We
Routinely Handle

There are two categories of workers’ compensation cases: traumatic vs. occupational disease, and temporary vs. permanent disability based on the impact on the worker’s ability to work.

Construction Accidents

Construction injuries can be debilitating and are, unfortunately, not uncommon due to the nature of the work and equipment used.

Construction workers are exposed to a wide range of hazards while on the job, including:

  • Falls from heights,
  • Trip and fall or slip and fall injuries,
  • Electrocution,
  • Exposure to chemicals and other hazardous materials,
  • Traffic accidents,
  • Repetitive trauma injuries, and
  • Traffic accidents.

Brain & Spinal Cord Injuries

These are some of the most traumatic injuries. If your on-the-job injury results in a brain or spinal cord injury, you might be entitled to lifetime benefits.

We examine every case involving brain and back injury carefully to determine if lifetime benefits apply, and help our clients to gather and present the medical evidence they will need to prove their claim.

Permanent Disability

An injury that is severe enough that it has resulted in a permanent disability will have a profound impact on the rest of your life.

You are entitled to compensation for your lost income, medical expenses, and other costs. This compensation is essential in helping you move forward.

We will work with you to get the best results in your case.

If you are not able to return to work due to your injuries, we will discuss whether filing for Social Security Disability is appropriate and we may be able to assist you further.

faqs About Workers Compensation

Here’s a list of the most common questions we receive from people who have been injured on the job in South Carolina.

Are employers required to have workers’ compensation coverage in South Carolina?

With few exceptions, any employer with four or more full-time employees must have this coverage.

What if my employer doesn’t have workers’ compensation insurance?
First, a determination must be made whether your employer was obligated to have coverage or not. If so, a claim with the state’s Employers’ Uninsured Fund can be made. If your employer is determined to be responsible, then the Fund will handle the claim and seek reimbursement from your employer later.

If your employer was not required to carry workers’ compensation insurance, we may be able to explore other options including tort liability based on your employer’s or a third party’s negligence.

What am I entitled to under workers’ compensation?
Employees are entitled to medical care for the injuries they sustained at work, temporary total pay if they are kept out of work for more than seven days by the authorized treating doctor, and compensation for any permanent injuries including the loss of limbs or organs. Future medical benefits and on-going weekly temporary total benefits can be paid indefinitely depending on the nature of the injury sustained by the employee.
What should I do when I am injured at work?

Immediately tell your employer that you were injured on the job. After requesting medical attention, ask to complete a first report of injury form. It is essential that a written report detailing the facts of your accident be recorded and that witnesses are identified.

Then, contact your workers’ compensation lawyer in Columbia, SC for help in preparing your claim and presenting your medical evidence to the insurance company and the workers’ compensation commission.

Can I choose the doctor to treat my injuries?

In South Carolina, the employer and the insurance carrier decide where you will receive medical treatment. A second opinion can be requested if the employee does not believe he or she is improving or is not receiving the appropriate medical care.

Can I go to my own doctor for an evaluation and treatment?

Generally, if our clients are not satisfied with the medical treatment they have received, we will arrange for an independent medical evaluation.


The Rules of Professional Conduct require disclosure that this is a “Testimonial” about the attorney.
Please be aware that any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.

Nick Callas spent over a half hour explaining things to me that my last attorney failed to tell me. I have some appointments to make but as soon as I’m done Nick will be my first call! He was informative, knowledgeable, and understanding. Plus he was easy to talk to.


Trish Marsello – Client

I needed a second opinion on my disability approval. I’d been approved, but not for retroactive payments. I called the Callas Law Firm and spoke directly with Mr. Callas, which was refreshing. He advised me beyond my expectations in a friendly, kind and respectful manner. I highly recommend counsel like him and his firm. Thank you, Mr. Callas.


Eve Morales – Client

Mr. Callas was a tremendous asset in my workers compensation case. He was always on top of everything involved in my case. He doesn’t let the otherside sit on their hands and beat around the bush. He gets the job done.


Steven Howard – Client


It won’t cost you anything to speak with an attorney about your case.

Law Office of Nicholas G. Callas PA
1901 Gadsden Street, Suite B
Columbia, SC 29201

Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
***Available after hours and by appointments***

Serving all of Lexington and Richland County.

Law Office of Nicholas G. Callas PA represents clients throughout South Carolina including Columbia, Lexington, West Columbia, Cayce, Sumter and parts of North Carolina including Charlotte.

Martindale Hubble Rating
Martindale Hubble Rating

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.